END OF THE DAY REPORT (4th MARCH 2015):
Nifty ends below 8950 amid choppy trades; Metals dips.
Market ends with marginal gains amid volatility trading session, helped by rebound in last trading session led by HDFC twins (HDFC Bank and HDFC) and Pharma stocks while Metals, telecom stocks saw profit booking ahead of holidays.
Sensex gains 68 points at 29448 while Nifty ends flat gains 15 points at 8937.
HEADLINES FOR THE DAY:
- Cairn India falls 2% as the oil major cut its capital expenditure.
- NCC gains on reports that at at Citigroup sold 94.80 lakh shares of NCC.
- Metals shares ends lower after China lowering its GDP target 2015 to 7% from 7.5%.
- Insurance stocks gains after Lok sabha passed insurance bill; Reliance Capital, Max gains.
- Aban moved higher as its subsidiaries have redeemed outstanding bonds worth Rs 1,335 crore on the due date.
- Pharma FMCG stocks gains; CNX Pharma hits fresh high.
- SPARC locked at upper circuit on the back of positive news of Sun Pharma.
- Adani Power gains; firm won the Jitpur coal mine in Jharkhand.
- United Spirits hits new high on positive news at the counter following a favorable High Court verdict, with regards the Scheme of Arrangement to sell its Chennai-based distillery unit to Enrica Enterprises.
SOME STOCKS FOR NEXT TRADING SESSION:
- TWL gains after board approves stock split plan; Buy TWL EQ above 747 Targets 754.45/762/769.60 SL 739.
- Metals stocks dips after China lowering its GDP target. Sell Tata Steel EQ below 341.20 Targets 337.80/334.40/331 SL 344.70.
European markets gains ahead of ECB (European Central Bank) meeting. Traders are expecting the European Central Bank to announce exactly when it will start its euro 1 trillion bond buying program.